Saturday, May 10, 2014

Rex Begonia

Though I have heard of them often before, I don't really know much about Begonias.  I bought this one because I liked the rich deep colors in the leaves.  I'm not sure if this will ever flower, but I'm hoping to keep it alive long enough to get it through a growth and dormant cycle, i.e. at least a year.

Here it is when it first joined the ranks end of March 2014:


Here it is today, May 10, 2014:


It looks like it has grown, but it could just be the angle.  One side has way more leaves than the other.  For example, this side looks less lush, right?


Anyway, some basic stats on this bad boy...

1.) Propagate: From leaf cuttings or dividing while repotting
2.) Water: Regularly, but do not over water.  They like humidity but not misting.
3.) Light: Bright indirect light.
4.) Fertilize:
5.) Soil: Light and fast-draining.

No comments:

Post a Comment