Thursday, November 6, 2014

Caladium Makes a Comeback

I've been checking in on my house plants a little less regularly the past week or so.  I was ever so delighted to see the latest new growth on my caladium, however!  Here are some snapshots:



You'll notice in the first photo, my one transplant/propagant/rescue plant has an entirely deep green leaf.  It just looks so odd on this plant!  I wonder if that's just a growing glitch during this regrowth phase, or if it is the result of not getting enough sunlight.  I actually wonder if it is more related to the tubular of that particular stem.  Upon closer inspection, that tubular is shoved right up against the glass and the new leaves are growing in a curved fashion as they round the lip of the glass jar.

Other than that oddity, the caladium plants appear to be doing very well!  They aren't as huge as they were when I bought them, but I have great anticipation for their future growth!

No comments:

Post a Comment