Thursday, November 6, 2014

...And Other Fall Transitions

My African violet is coming back around!  Here you can see the first bloom has opened up, while several others lie in waiting...


 Here the mama gerber daisy is showing signs of wear.  Maybe it was from the dozen or so times I had let this go underwatered to the point its flowers and leaves would droop down to the window sill.  Maybe it was from putting out so many flowers.  Or maybe these things just don't grow back.  But as you can see, this baby mama is on its last stretch!


My Thanksgiving cactus is gearing up for a display - check out all those buds!  (I recently learned that Christmas cactuses have rounded greenery and bloom around Christmas.  These more common Thanksgiving cactuses have the spiky greenery and bloom around Thanksgiving and Easter.  I'll continue to call this a Christmas cactus, though, since that's how most people call all of them and it has a pleasant alliteration.)


No comments:

Post a Comment