Sunday, October 26, 2014

Gerber Daisy Transplant.... AGAIN

I don't know if it is good to keep repotting these propagations, but I feel like they outgrow their pots very quickly.   In this case, I don't think they had quite outgrown them, but I had gotten three pots on clearance and wanted to tidy up my kitchen display.


I found 3 plastic "sleeves" that were of an appropriate size to snuggle into my new pots, leaving enough space for a thin layer of stones at the bottom of the ceramic pot.


Most of the pots had roots poking out the bottom like this.



Hopefully now that they are all in the same sized pot, they will maintain a similar growth rate/pattern/size!



These new pots didn't need that much more soil, but I used what I had leftover from a previous potting session.  The soil was all kinds of mix and even had some river stones in it.  I don't think this composition was significant enough to impact future growth.  Below you can see the final display on my kitchen window sill.  Adjacent to the cyclamen, which really looks quite nice in its new configuration, and the original gerber.




No comments:

Post a Comment