Saturday, December 13, 2014

New Babe! Moses in the Cradle (Rhoeo)

Ok, so the second babe I bought today - also at Bucks Country Gardens - was this little Moses in the cradle plant.  Another five-dollar-four-incher, I again decided to step it up to a s lightly larger pot (again, primarily because this is the only size pot I have right now!)




As I suspected, a little pot-bound root action.  This is probably not too bad and might actually be good for some plants to be kept like this, but mehhh I'll step it up.



With a stone base and layer of soil in the pot, I added the plant and filled in soil around the edges.  I used the same mix I described in the previous post.  What I have read so far is that this plant is best kept slightly dryer, it can be easily overwatered and develop root rot.  Having made that mistake with my Chinese evergreen, I will try my hardest not to mistake this one for my palm (they kind of look alike to me.. sort of?).








No comments:

Post a Comment