Saturday, December 13, 2014

Impending Bloom Boom!

I haven't necessarily been neglecting my plants lately, I just haven't inspected them as thoroughly as I sometimes do.  That is until today when I was making my watering rounds and I noticed a few of the little rascals are gearing up to pop some buds pretty soon!

Here is my kalanchoe plant FINALLY starting to show signs of blooms again!  I caught these little pricks out of the corner of my eye and was like WHOA, something is going on here!  So I brought it out into the light and took a closer examination.


We have a couple peaks here showing some new growth formations!


Below is what a typical new leaf growth looks like...




...and below you can see the new bloom growth adjacent to typical leaf growth.  Yeah, I'm pretty sure we have some blooms making their way back into this plant!



And my oh my I did not even see this spike start, look how long it has gotten!


What I like about this orchid arrangement is I can see that the roots are doing very well.  I never really water this one much, since the water tends to never really evaporate from the bottom - possibly because of the shape of this vase?  I mean, the soil is mostly bark so there is plenty of airspace - although it is rather tall so maybe that makes it tough for the water to dry out?  I'm just pondering this because the plants that I have in smaller glass jars or vases definitely dry out, and I can't quite put my finger on why this one doesn't.  Perhaps it's a moot point, given that we have a nice spike going here!


No comments:

Post a Comment