Saturday, June 14, 2014

Jade Jewel (Dracaena)

I don't usually purchase plants of this size (I like to start them from itty bitty babies), but since I had a gift card I decided to splurge on something a little further along!  The plant did not come with an instructional tag, so after a bit of research I have deduced the following:

1.) Propagate:
2.) Water: regularly, do not overwater
3.) Light: indirect light
4.) Fertilize:
5.)

As you can see, I don't have much figured out with this one!  But it appears to be making progress with growth.  My understanding is they can reach a decent height, such that I may be able to trim back the lowest leaves, exposing the "trunk" to make it look like a palm.

April 2014:



June 2014:


After just two months, we already show signs of steady growth!  Granted, we are in the growing-est point of the year, approaching the summer solstice.

No comments:

Post a Comment