Saturday, September 27, 2014

Flea Market Babes

At the Dublin Flea Market today, I stopped by the plant lady's stand to scope out her latest clippings.  I snatched up two varieties of snake plants (much more substantial than the one I got in April!) and a spider plant (finally!).



From the minimal research I have done, I believe the spider plant can thrive in one of my indirect or bright light locations (a few feet away from and east or west window).  I'm going to just water it a small amount every few days, like I do with most of my other plants.


This snake plant did not have much of a root system when I pulled it out of the styrofoam cup.  I wonder if she just broke it off of its prior stem a few days or weeks before bringing it to the flea market?  If so, that could explain why it took the other one so long to start showing signs of growth (it was spending all of its energy re-growing lost roots!).


No comments:

Post a Comment