Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Palm

I bought this little guy about one year ago, April 2013.  He was a wee one indeed, only a few inches high.  He's made some great progress though and is now up to about 13" tall.

April 2013:

April 2014:



1.) Propagate:
2.) Water: 1-2 times per week.
3.) Light: Bright, filtered light.
4.) Fertilize: Use all-purpose.
5.) Soil:

According to the tag that came with this, it should grow to between 4' and 10' tall!  I'm hoping for something around 6'.

There hasn't been too much activity with this plant, it just sprouts new palms every couple weeks.  I think in the winter it doesn't really grow at all, but that's pretty typical.  I would offer that it definitely likes to be watered so 2 times a week is probably pretty accurate.

I haven't looked into propagating this one yet, but I think that may be a summer project.  Although when I was repotting it awhile ago I accidentally separated one stalk from the rest so I tried growing that on its own.  It didn't seem to do so well so I recently re-merged it with the larger cluster.

Here is the rogue stalk in April 2014 before I finally decided to remerge it with the general stalk clump (no new growth since it has been in this pot):


No comments:

Post a Comment