Thursday, September 17, 2015

New Babe! Rattlesnake Plant (Calathea lancifolia)

I didn't want to wait to post this, since I love posting about New Babes, but I cannot for the life of me remember what this one was called.  I don't know the common name for it - usually knowing that helps me find the scientific name.  Anyway, I got this from the Plant and See Nursery in Winterville, NC when I was down visiting my sister.  As I recall, it likes a good watering and some bright light (how generic, don't all plants?).

Close up of the dark spotted leaves. 
I placed some mosaic tiles in the base of the pot for drainage.
The nursery's sleeve fit right into my decorative pot.
Looks less expansive in this photo, but maybe it's just me.

I noticed tonight when I got home that the leaves had lifted up almost completely vertical.  This remind me of the prayer plant.  Perhaps it is some distant cousin of that plant?

No comments:

Post a Comment