Monday, September 7, 2015

New Babe! Button Fern (Pellaea Rotundifolia)

I picked up this cutie at the Plant and See Nursery in Winterville, NC while visiting my family.  Its tag says it should be kept in bright, indirect sunlight, so I placed it near an east-facing window on my new french maple solid wood buffet.

I love that buffet so I am dressing it up nicely with some sweet plant arrangements.  Moving forward, I'm trying to keep all my plants in plastic sleeves that can be easily switched out into new pots.  I don't like doing the whole putting stones on the bottom and then infilling with soil concept.  It makes repotting more challenging because the stones don't always separate cleanly.  Anyway, back to the fern...

The tag says to keep the soil on the dry side, but don't let the plant wilt (duh!) - repot annually.  Typical temperature range 40º-70º.  We'll see how this little rascal grows!  It was between this one and a lemon button fern.  I thought this one looked a little more unique (less fern-like) so I went with it!

Potted in a small Ikea pot.  With flash!

In its new home.  No flash!

A close up of the leaves.
I'll have to take a better glamour shot in the morning when there's some sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment