Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Thinking about making some changes

I tried placing my newer polka dot plant cluster outside for a few days, to give it some extra direct sunlight and hopefully turn those leaves anything but green (or crispy brown!).  It seemed like keeping them outside only helped to dry them out quickly, so I moved them back inside to an East-facing window sill.  Now I'm facing with almost entirely green leaves!  Granted, I pulled all my blinds down to half-way this week because of the blistering sun and high humidity.  But now I'm thinking maybe I'll put these suckers outside again?




What I'd really like to try is just straight up pruning this sucker so it simmers down its growth.  This is the second polka dot plant I have purchased and it seems to be growing in the same manner as my first one, i.e. growing out table and weak rather than short and full.  I may give this one some snips and see what happens!  In a subsequent post of course.


Also, it seems to have been a few months since I attempted my african violet propagation.  As such, I have decided to remove them from their zip-lock shrouds and expose them to the "dry" air (the relative humidity has been in excess of 75% the past few weeks, even with the AC - granted I keep the AC pumping as little as possible!



I'd like to prune back my gerber daisy somehow.  It's on its 3rd bloom (maybe 4th?) since I bought it, so whatever I'm doing seems to be working ok, but it is just getting a little too long and floppy as far as the leaves and bloom stems go.  I'll post a photo of that in a subsequent post.  Just wanted to check in and make my first post of the month!

No comments:

Post a Comment