Sunday, October 11, 2015

Splitting Up

With the start of Halloween season, I had to relocate some of my babes because of the decorations that obstructed their sunlight.  In doing so, I noticed my larger snake plant had quite a few pups started.  I decided to take the opportunity to split them off and pot them in their own individual containers.

Snake plant ready for splits.

All the pups lined up in a row.

Shook off the loose dirt and separated the pups.

Tiny pot for this pup.

More room to grow for this pup.

Keeping the window sill symmetrical.
I took the opportunity to throw some fresh soil in the original snake plant's mix.  I used a cactus/succulent mix, which has some sand and a little perlite.  I used some of the old soil in the pups' containers.  I read somewhere that all fresh soil can shock new plants, so I gave them a good mix of old and new.

No comments:

Post a Comment