Saturday, January 17, 2015

Spider Plant Rescue!

I received the below spider plant from a coworker, who was worried he had killed the plant.  Looking at it, I imagine he received the plant many months ago, and just kept it in its plastic cup filled with water.  Perhaps this is a fine long term arrangement for some of the spider plants, but you can tell by looking at this one, it just needs some soil!

Oops, I just realized I didn't take any "before" photos!

Ok, well I ended up plunking it down into my little column cap planter.  I ripped a piece of it off and stuck that in my former baby orchid pot.



Below you can kind of get a sense of some of the decay that had been caused by such long submersion in water.  I think that some of the leaves were completely submerged, in addition to the roots, which caused the leaves to decay and contaminate the water and make the whole plant a garbly gook of a mess.


I will keep tracking the progress of these little ones, but I expect a full recovery!

No comments:

Post a Comment